|brussel sprouts! everyone's favourite!|
Either way LoverBoy/LadyBoy was sick and tired of spinach. And honestly, after my first day of work, I was a little bit pooped.. and sometimes cooking meat is stupid easy. Yes I should probably just say something along the lines of 'cook your own damn roast', but I liiiike cooking. So tonight I cooked roast. And brussel sprouts. And curried potatoes. Also - my spell check is telling me I've spelled the brussel in brussel sprouts wrong. Sorry computer, I WIN. And sorry bloggies, I am clearly moderately delirious. Maybe I'm not meant to work 9 hours a day. Le sigh.
Regardless, here is a hella easy, mad tasty, good roast recipe that makes your mouth go like-woah! We bought our roast at the farmer's market. Since I did that I can be judgey and say BUY LOCAL, BUY ORGANIC MEAT. And then eat it. Like LadyBoy ate this roast. You can eat it too! Seriously - so easy. Turn on your oven. Mix your spices. Rub your roast (oooh). Stick in oven. Take out, let rest. CONSUME. Or come to Sasky tomorrow. There'll be left-overs I promise.
1 3 pound sirloin tip roast
1/2 tbsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 tbsp paprika
1 tsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp cumin/cumin seeds
1/2 tsp cayenne
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
splash of wine/tiny splash of balsamic/both
2 tbsp olive oil
other things you'll need:
a tray for roasting your roast
a bowl for mixing yo' spices in
|perfect roast.. what a lovely meat-blush (gross)|
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Mix spices together in a bowl. Add your olive oil.
- Rub them all over your roast. Let stand for 15-20 minutes (any longer and put it in the fridge).
- Bake your roast for an hour or so. If you have a meat thermometer MAKE USE! It should be cooked to an internal temperature of 145 F.
- Ta-da! Allow to rest for 5 minutes after you take it out of the oven. This allows the tasty meat juices to redistribute throughout the roast. Cut. Eat. Enjoy as 'roast beef' sammich the next day.
- The. End.