|Beet and garden tomato burschetta with feta|
If you, like me, eat far too much white bread in far too copious of quantities you may find yourself with bread-fatigue. Not from the bread - you can NEVER have too much bread. But you may find yourself wondering - what do I do to zest up my bread-life?
This beet bruschetta is a quick and super easy suggestions to spice up your sliced bread. Honestly - it is way too good to be so simply. It was so good I had to share it even though it is essentially bread with things on top. IT'S THAT GOOD. MAKE IT. RIGHT NOW.
Serve it with salad, soup, or some tasty grilled fish. Each of these takes no more than 7 minutes to whip up, and is guaranteed delicious. Maybe don't eat them EVERYDAY but, hey - once in awhile? I won't tell.
1 roasted beet, cooled and diced into bebe cubes
2 medium sized roma tomatoes, blanched, peeled and diced
1 clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
pinch of salt
pinch of pepper
2 tbsp of feta
8 slices of baguette, brushed with olive oil
other things you will need:
a baking tray
- Preheat your oven to 425.
- If you need to - blanch your tomatoes. This will make it really easy to skin them. In a pot of boiling water, toss in your tomatoes for 1.5 minutes. Remove and plunge immediately into cold water and leave for 1-2 minutes. Peel off the tomato skin (bleh!) and remove pulp, stem, and dice.
- Place bread oiled side DOWN on a baking tray and bake for 7 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients, adding the beets LAST as they will stain EVERY.THING.
- Top your crispy baguette with your tasty tomato blend and chow down :D