Guys. You guys. OK. GUYS.
This is the best dinner I've eaten in a while. Now, we all know - or should know - that I have a problem with cheese. As in I could eat it with every meal. Because it is so so good. Despite really just being animal fat with salt added. I have a problem. Yesterday I was pacing my office in barefeet (ew?) and I stepped on a piece of cheese which was just lying on my floor. CONCERNING? CHARMING? CHEESEY??!?!?! It was all those things and more.
But seriously - you guys..... IT'S A GRILLED CHEESE SALAD. I repeat: A GRILLED. CHEESE. SALAD.
Stick a fork in me, I'm done.
|A high cheese salad/dinner/any time option! Replace those tasty carbs with tasty cheese!|
a block of halloumi
1 pinch of seasoning - your choice. I used a bit of black pepper, garlic powder, and parsley
3 cocktail tomatoes, diced
a handful of roughly chopped basil
1 tbsp lemon zest and a squirt of lemon juice, drizzled over top
3 tbsp of chili oil. If you're not a freak who has this handy, simply heat a few tbsp of olive oil with a big pinch of chili flakes over medium low for a few minutes or more.
other things you will need:
a frying pan or BBQ to sear/grill your halloumi on
a knife and cutting board
- Dust your halloumi with seasoning and allow it to sit for 10 minutes or so while you assemble your other ingredients and wait for your pan/grill to heat up.
- If you're using a pan, add a tbsp or so of the chili oil and get ready.
- Ready? READY. Sear your halloumi for 2-3 minutes per side (until golden and just starting to brown) and flip and repeat.
- Top your halloumi with tomatos, chopped herbs, a pinch of black pepper, lemon zest, juice, and drizzle with your remaining oil.
- Enjoy your GRILLED CHEESE SALAD and congratulate yourself on winning at life.