|Look into the cheese.... deep into the cheeeeeeese.|
Right now it's the start of summer in Regina, but I can't seem to get into the summer groove despite it being MID-JUNE. Maybe it's the weather or the lack of time out doors, but I can't kick my eating habits out of mid-winter. Losing my wisdom teeth and living on liquids for a week probably hasn't helped things either.
Since I've been stuck not eating for what feels like forever, but really has only been a handful (and handful and a half) of days. To combat my increasingly surliness/hunger pangs I've taken to posting my favourite foods for toothier people than myself to enjoy.
Grilled cheeses are comfort food plain and simple. From kraft singles toasted between two slices of wonder bread served next to tomato soup, to this slightly more grown up take - there's a grilled cheese to suit every mood, age, and flavour.
Come to think of it, I'm not sure why I haven't posted a grilled cheese sandwich before now. Hmm..
So this is a spin on my ab-fab grilled cheese sandwich. This might not be my FAVOURITE. But it's definitely a second fave. Yellow peppers and jalapenos combine with generous slabs of brie cheese, red pepper jelly, dijon mustard, and a drizzle of honey. These are grown up, everyday, delicious sammiches which can be eaten quite merrily for breakfast lunch and dinner.
1/2 a yellow pepper (green, orange, or red work fine too!), thinly sliced
1/2 a jalapeno, thinly sliced.
a generous topping of brie - I'll let you decide how thick to cut it
two slices of bread
red pepper jelly for one side
dijon mustard and honey for the other side.
other things you will need:
a frying pan
a knife and cutting board
- In a frying pan, heat your olive oil on medium heat.
- On one half of your bread spread your red pepper jelly, and on the other spread your mustard thickly and a drizzle of honey.
- Top the red pepper jelly side with your yellow peppers, jalapenos, and brie. Top with your other slice of bread.
- Grill that cheese. Grill it real good.
- You'll need about 2-3 minutes per side depending on your stove.
- Eat. Begin making a second immediately.